Sakura is Japanese for cherry blossom and refers to this quilt's tranquil pattern of drifting cherry petals. Fusible raw-edge applique makes the quilt top deceptively quick to put together. This charm-friendly pattern is perfect for showcasing an entire fabric collection.
- Instructions and a stitch guide for finishing appliques with embroidery stitches.
- Directions for creating a gradient effect as shown in the photos.
- Full size applique templates and suggestions for quilting.
- Bonus pattern for a 12" X 16" quilted pillow cover.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- 82" long X 54" wide
- Appliques: (39) 5" squares (about 1 charm pack)
- Background: 1 1/2 yds. 90+" premium muslin
- Backing: 3 yds.
- Batting: 1 3/4 yds. 90" wide cotton batting (twin size)
- Binding: 1 yd (for 3" wide bias-cut strips)
- Double-sided light fusible web: (9) 9" X 12" sheets or 2 1/4 yds. 12" wide web
- 6-stranded cotton embroidery floss to match background fabric or each applique fabric
Please note this listing is for a quilt pattern, not a finished quilt. This listing is for a printed pattern; if you would like a downloadable PDF version, please view this listing.