Get some perspective with this striking applique pattern. Winner of the 2013 Modern Quilt Guild Madrona Road Challenge and inspired by a seventeenth-century Dutch painting, this quilt embodies a feeling of moving forward. Large-scale appliques are easy to apply using double-sided fusible web.
- Instructions and a stitch guide for finishing appliques with embroidery stitches.
- Full size applique templates and suggestions for quilting.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- 48" long X 51" wide
- Appliques, large front trees: (2) 1/2 yd. cuts, various fabrics
- Appliques, medium trees, second from front: (2) fat eighths or 1/4 yd. cuts, various fabrics
- Appliques, small back trees: (6) fat eighths, 1/4 yd. cuts, or large scraps, various fabrics
- Background: 1 1/2 yds 60" wide premium muslin
- Backing: 3 yds
- Batting: 1 1/2 yds. 90" wide cotton batting (twin size)
- Binding: 1 yd. (for 3" wide bias-cut strips)
- Double-sided light fusible web: (10) 9" X 12" sheets or 2 1/2 yds. 12" wide web
- Optional: 6-stranded cotton embroidery floss to match each applique fabric
Please note this listing is for a quilt pattern, not a finished quilt. This listing is for a printed pattern; if you would like a downloadable PDF pattern, please view this listing.
ONWARDS (PRINTED PATTERN)